Richard Gaudet’s experience includes extensive involvement in all facets of commercial, asset based, real estate and consumer lending as well as risk management, underwriting, credit analysis, credit risk review, portfolio management, due diligence and business refinancing.
Prior to GGG, Richard spent over 25 years in banking focused on commercial and real estate loan workout, managing the resolution of over $1 Billion in problem assets utilizing a wide range of strategies including restructure, foreclosure, litigation, bankruptcy, loan sales and business sales.
With extensive experience in commercial banking, distressed debt management, and corporate turnarounds, Richard previously lead a financial advisory practice providing services to a wide range of clients including business owners, real estate developers, and community and regional banks.
Over the course of his career, Richard has:
- Served as Chief Restructuring Officer (Bankruptcy and Non-Bankruptcy)
- Served as Assignee under Georgia assignment for the benefit of creditors
- Advised community and regional banks in Loss Share procedures and implementation of accounting and reporting protocol under Loss Share.
- Provided Expert Witness testimony on matters involving distressed asset resolution and Banking practices.
- Advised on both sell side and buy side acquisitions
- Lead settlement/restructuring negotiations with lenders, trade creditors, and the Internal Revenue Service on commercial and real estate transactions
Additionally, Richard frequently serves as litigation expert in matters related to banking practices, bankruptcy plan feasibility, and cram down interest rates. Having represented both debtors and creditors in complex negotiations, Richard understands the goals of both parties in a negotiation and is able to quickly bring the parties to an amicable and workable agreement.
Office: (404) 256-0003
Mobile: (404) 680-7032