Ms. Goodman joined GGG Partners, one of the oldest turnaround consulting firms in the United States, in 2001. Since then, she has worked with both public and private companies, focusing in particular on middle-market firms in the Southeast. Ms. Goodman specializes in assessing a company’s situation, determining a course of corrective action that is tailored to each client’s needs, and executing the plan. She is known for both her candor and her results-oriented approach.
Katie Goodman has a strong background in finance, mergers and acquisitions and operations. She often assumes the role of director of reorganization or restructuring officer for companies with private equity funding, and she serves as an adviser to owners, boards of directors and management teams.
Ms. Goodman is experienced in dealing with companies in bankruptcy (Chapter 11) and has successfully worked with companies to restructure through approved Plans of Reorganization. She has also sold companies under Section 363 of the Bankruptcy Code. In 2013 she was appointed a Chapter 11 Trustee.
She also serves as a Federal and State court-appointed receiver and Assignee in general Assignments for the Benefit of Creditors.
Ms. Goodman has worked in many industries, including automotive, textiles, finance, telecommunications, restaurants and retail, commercial and residential contracting, general manufacturing, commercial distribution, publishing, government contracting, business-to-business distribution and consumer products companies.
Prior to joining GGG Partners, Ms. Goodman worked for a leveraged buyout fund, where she focused on assessing and acquiring middle-market companies including acquisitions in the telecommunications, textile and industrial distribution industries. She also worked in the food brokerage industry.
Awards & Publications
Katie S. Goodman acknowledged as:
- Winner of “40 Under 40 M&A Advisor Recognition Awards” for turnaround professional by the M&A Advisor (October 2013).
- 2013 Small Company Turnaround of the Year Atlanta Chapter of TMA. Ms. Goodman acted as the Chief Restructuring Officer of The Cliffs Club & Hospitality Group, Inc. and was lead on a successful reorganization of the company out of bankruptcy.
- “Lenders Can Help Distressed Borrowers Find Outside Help,” in The RMA Journal (Dec 2010-Jan 2011), 34-36.
- “Recession Felt Around the World,” Global Executive Women (Vietnam and United States edition), June 2008.
- “Top 25 Power Woman” by Atlanta Woman Magazine in January, 2007.
- John M. Morabito article highlighting Ms. Goodman’s turnaround work in Business to Business magazine, October 2004.
Journal of Corporate Renewal magazine, August 2003.
- Frequent speaker to various groups of business owners, executives and service providers. Led a seminar, titled “Increasing Shareholder Value” at the annual conference of the Georgia Association of Women Lawyers in 2005 and seminars titled “Advising the Troubled Company” to the Georgia Society of CPAs in 2008.
Community Involvement & Service
Ms. Goodman is a member of the Atlanta Chapter of the Association for Corporate Growth, a member of the National Funding Association, a member of IWIRC (International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation), and a current officer and past co-president of the Women’s Finance Exchange.
Master of Business Administration (Finance), Georgia State University, graduated Summa Cum Laude
Bachelor of Arts, Lancaster University, Lancashire, England
International Scholarship Student, Emory University, Atlanta, GA
Office: (404) 256-0003 ext. 225
Direct: (404) 293-0137