Steve Courtade is a seasoned financial and accounting professional with over 25 years of consulting experience. He has worked in the for-profit, non-profit and government sectors.
Mr. Courtade’s experience includes interim to long term management, turnaround implementation, crisis stabilization, performance improvement, right sizing operations, plant floor operational improvements, lean manufacturing, job costing, product rationalization/gross margin profitability by product line, debt procurement, debt restructuring, working with boards, lenders, vendors, landlords and unions, cash management, cash flow projections, business modeling, risk management and handling of all major stakeholder negotiations. Mr. Courtade has valued, marketed and sold businesses to both financial and strategic buyers. He has procured new financing and/or mezzanine debt as needed through a network of lending and private equity sources. He has performed due diligence on potential acquisitions and helped companies divest their non-performing assets. Additionally he has served as Interim CFO with several clients in Chapter 11 and helped them navigate through the bankruptcy process. He has also liquidated companies when there were no other options and successfully maximized the return to all stakeholders.
Some of Mr. Courtade’s recent engagements include:
- Interim CFO for a $180 million housewares manufacturer/importer, IL
- Interim CFO for a $150 million Tier 1 injection molding company in bankruptcy, IA
- Restructuring of a $300 million RV manufacturer, CA
- New loan viability assessment for the Bank on a $30 million metal stamper, Ontario
- Cash projections and liquidation analysis for the Sub Debt lender on a $200 million international engineering firm, FL
- Interim CFO and restructuring for an automotive aftermarket manufacturer, TN
- Advisement to the Bank on a distressed $100 million private security firm, DC
- Interim CFO/CEO and sale of a Latino music company for a private equity group, FL
- Liquidation and sale of the assets of a men’s formal wear company for the senior secured lender, GA
- Due diligence for a Private Equity Group on a cosmetics company acquisition, CO
- Refinance assessment for a multi-plant foundry operation, MI
- CRO for commercial lab business with facilities in multiple states
Previous experience for Mr. Courtade includes consulting work with the Resolution Trust Corporation where he managed $600 million in assets of savings and loan institutions that had been placed in Receivership. Earlier in his career, he ran the accounting department at one of the nation’s largest loan servicing companies.
Community Involvement & Service
Mr. Courtade is active with his church, local food bank and serves on the Board of PAWS Atlanta, one of the oldest no-kill animal shelters in Georgia.
Certified Turnaround Professional
Masters of Business Administration (Finance & Accounting), University of Houston, Houston, TX
Bachelors of Business Administration (Finance), University of Houston, Houston, TX
Office: (404) 256-0003 x237
Cell: (770) 605-9256