Mr. Pegnia is known for his speed and credibility in assessing a company’s needs and developing effective solutions. He has consulted with companies across various industries, including retail, automotive, textiles, military contractors, building products, and utilities, among others.
Prior to joining GGG Partners, Mr. Pegnia was a Managing Director in FTI Consulting’s restructuring practice, one of the largest global turnaround firms. While at FTI, he was involved in many complex multi-national restructurings including Lehman Brothers Holdings, Inc., and AbitibiBowater. Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Mr. Pegnia was a Director in the restructuring practices of Ernst & Young LLP and Grant Thornton LLP where he advised clients on business improvement practices, business planning, working capital management and cost reduction strategies. Prior to his work as a turnaround manager, Mr. Pegnia was an asset based lender at Wachovia Bank (now a part of Wells Fargo) and The Fifth Third Bank.
Mr. Pegnia serves in a variety of interim executive positions on behalf of GGG Partners clients. He has successfully turned around distressed businesses, negotiated forbearances with lenders, renegotiated leases with landlords, arranged settlements with vendors and suppliers, increased sales, sold businesses, raised capital, and developed growth plans for numerous companies.
Some of Mr. Pegnia’s engagements were as follows:
- Chief Restructuring Advisor of a $300 million private equity owned flooring installation company.
- Reduced SG&A expenses by 40%; restructured the finance function; collected past due receivables; implemented a liquidity forecast.
- Expert solvency services in support of Chapter 11 litigation.
- Detailed merger integration analysis on behalf of a buyer and target in connection with the possible acquisition of a multi-billion dollar (revenue) plastics extrusion business. Services included analysis of potential overhead reduction, manufacturing plant combination, and sum of the parts valuation analysis.
- Financial advisor to the lenders of a $1 billion global Tier 1 provider of laser welded and roll-formed steel components. Analyzed the business plan and divestiture strategy; identified adjustments to the borrowing base; developed go-forward strategy for lenders to minimize collateral and repayment risk.
Bachelor of Science in Business, Miami University
Masters in Business Administration, Xavier University
Turnaround Management Association
Office: (404) 256-0003 ext. 238
Direct: (404) 483-8422